Top 10 Cloud Computing Courses in London – With a wide range of Cloud courses already available at a deep technical level, this course is aimed as an introduction to those looking at Cloud Computing from the perspective of a beginner who may have no previous experience of the topic at all.
Before implementing or adopting Cloud technology, you will want to have an understanding of what it is exactly and what options you have when thinking about your deployment. This course covers a wide range of Cloud Computing topics areas, providing you with a solid foundation of understanding.
We will start by defining Cloud Computing, then we will explore what this definition means. We will look at the different deployment models such as Public, Private, and Hybrid Clouds before digging into what actually makes a Cloud a Cloud. Here we break down the Cloud model by looking at the key concepts and characteristics that make it so appealing to a wide range of organizations and individuals.
This course also looks at the different service models of Cloud Computing, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS), providing examples and differences between each.
With all of these different deployment and service options, this course looks at ways other organizations are utilizing the Cloud with some common use cases that you may be familiar with.
Lastly, an overview is given on how typical on-premise data center solutions are reflected within the Cloud. Some people may already be aware of these solutions but are unsure of how certain infrastructure such as networks is architected from a Cloud Computing perspective. As well as networking, we will also look at Storage and compute (server) resources and how these are deployed in comparison to on-premise solutions.
The key learning objectives of this course will enable students to have:
- A clear definition of what Cloud Computing is
- A comprehensive understanding of Cloud Computing
- An understanding of Cloud Computing benefits and key concepts
- An understanding of when and where to use it using the appropriate industry models
This course is intended for anyone who wants to learn about Cloud Computing, and that may have NO or very little of it knowledge of it currently. It’s for those of you who are looking to learn more about the Cloud to decide if it’s something you want to adopt within your business or those of you that may be seeking a career move and want to learn the foundation of Cloud principles, then this course is certainly for you.
- Beginners to Cloud Computing
- Business Managers
- A basic understanding of server hardware components
- A basic understanding of what a Data Center is
Let us see the Top 10 Cloud Computing Courses in London,
1. University of East London
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Knowledge and understanding of essential facts, concepts, theories and principles of emerging technologies in cloud and distributed computing.
- Knowledge and understanding of contemporary tools and technologies to produce solutions relevant to the domain of cloud computing to meet a set of agreed requirements.
- Critically reason the production of cloud computing artefacts.
- Independent thinking and analytical skills in the real-world problems related to cloud computing.
Subject-Based Practical skills
- Analyse, interpret, synthesise and evaluate design methods and alternative solutions for a given problem in the diverse fields of finance, medical, and technology domain.
- Identification and implementation of appropriate intelligent algorithms.
- Experience in algorithm design using state-of-the art programming languages.
Skills for life and work (general skills)
- Structure and communicate ideas effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Work professionally as an individual and as a team player to develop creative solutions to problems.
2. ESIGELEC, Graduate School of Engineering
Contact ESIGELEC, Graduate School of Engineering to find course entry requirements.
About Master in Science and Technology – Information Systems with Big Data, Cloud Computing and Artificial Intelligence at ESIGELEC, Graduate School of Engineering
Take your engineering career forward with our Masters Programmes and gain expertise to take on challenges of the real world. Apart from technical knowledge, our programme will also prepare you for a managerial role by training you with the required skills, to manage people, projects and resources in complex organisational settings. Our faculty comprises academics with extensive industry experience, as well as representatives from major engineering companies. On a practical note, you will have a globally recognised Master’s qualification from France, the cultural capital of the world!
The MST-IS programme is a blend of information systems and a small component of management and will help you develop expertise in key areas driving technological growth. Moving from deep theory, you will handle real-world problems and develop a skill set for cutting-edge developments in computing. The mandatory internship at the end of the programme will enhance your understanding of computer science fundamentals and develop your skills in research, communication and project management.
About the Course
SECCLO-Master’s programme in Security and Cloud Computing (120 ECTS) is a two-year engineering programme which gives students a broad understanding of the latest and future technologies for secure cloud and mobile computing systems. Students will gain both practical engineering knowledge and theoretical insights into secure systems engineering, distributed application development, network and service architectures, and cloud and mobile platforms.
The 120 ECTS credits will be divided into two blocks: two semesters of courses (60 ECTS) will be provided by the entry university Aalto. After the first year, the student move to an exit university (including EURECOM) where they are able to specialize (30 ECTS).
The fourth semester is dedicated to thesis research and writing (Master’s thesis, 30 ECTS). Summer school and internship are included into the programme.
The programme leads into two national Master of Science degrees (double degree) from those universities where the student has completed his/her studies.
2nd year Specialisation in Big Data security at EURECOM
The EURECOM specialization aims at providing a solid knowledge of security in cloud computing and networking combined with practical design and management skills. The students learn how to identify threats, vulnerabilities and privacy problems in networks and cloud systems including the Internet of Things. They learn to integrate security solutions to a cloud computing platform and explore methods for holding cloud stakeholders accountable for the privacy and confidentiality of data in cloud systems.
The curriculum has a hands-on approach that combines laboratory work with classroom education, makes use of high-profile industry speakers to introduce the latest technologies, and includes a supervised semester-long team project on a topic of industrial relevance. One focus area is communication and organizational skills together with project planning and implementation competences. A mandatory management course fosters an entrepreneurial mindset, and the elective courses enable students to further explore data science or networking.
4. Postgraduate Science at Leicester
About Cloud Computing at Postgraduate Science at Leicester
Cloud computing offers scalable computing resources on demand, providing solutions and challenges for science and business. Amongst others, the opportunities include a low cost entry point for small companies, more economical use of computing resources and the capability of handling very large data sets.
Challenges for practitioners include the design and use of suitable algorithms, the design and implementation of suitable architectures and understanding of risks and opportunities. This MSc will provide a sound understanding of designing, analysing and engineering of systems for handling big data in a distributed environment based on dynamically scalable architectures.
2:1 degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject with a substantial element of Computing. Relevant work experience may also be considered.
You will be expected to have at least a basic knowledge of physical sciences.
Find your country in this list to check equivalent qualifications, scholarships and additional requirements.
5. University of Leeds
About University of Leeds
The University of Leeds is one of the UK’s leading universities, world famous for its teaching and research and located in the heart of a vibrant, affordable and student-friendly city. We are first choice for more than 33,000 students from over 151 different countries and offer an exciting choice of over 500 undergraduate and 300 postgraduate courses.
We were delighted to have been named University of the Year 2017, awarded by The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide, which recognises the outstanding student experience at Leeds.
Inspiring knowledge and creating opportunities for students, our recent, major investments in our academic staff, research capabilities and campus makes Leeds a truly remarkable place.
Campus and facilities
The Edge is our state-of-the-art fitness, sport and well-being facility, which includes a 25m eight lane swimming pool and the largest fitness suite of any UK university.
University catered and self-catered accommodation is guaranteed for the duration of your studies if you are an international student and is available on campus, close to the city centre or further afield.
When you join the University of Leeds you join a vibrant student community. At its heart is Leeds University Union (LUU). With over 300 student societies dedicated to social, sporting, cultural, religious and international interests – from skydiving to student radio – it’s a great way to develop your interests, meet like-minded people and try out something new.
The University is acclaimed worldwide for the quality of its teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate level. Our staff have been awarded one of the highest numbers of National Teaching Fellowships in higher education, reflecting the high quality of our teaching and our commitment to making it even better.
We are investing £150m in our people to further boost our research excellence, developing a vibrant PhD and postdoctoral community and attracting new senior researchers. We have the strength and facilities to contribute distinctive research to help tackle seven global challenges – cities, culture, energy, food, water, health and high value engineering.
Fast facts about University of Leeds
- In top 100 universities for academic reputation (QS World University Rankings, 2018)
- top 10 universities in the UK (The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018)
- 89% of final year Leeds students said they were either satisfied or very satisfied with the overall quality of their course (National Student Survey, 2017)
- Top 10 university for research in the UK (Research Excellence Framework, 2014)
- Top 5 UK university for graduate recruitment (The Graduate Market in 2017, High Fliers Research)
- One single campus 10-minutes walk from the city centre
- £520 million will be invested in our campus between 2015 and 2020
- 7,000+ international students study with us each year from over 151 countries
- We are a member of the Russell Group of research-intensive universities
6. Staffordshire University
About Cloud Computing at Staffordshire University
- Opportunity to gain Cisco certification to CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional) standard
- Taught using up to date specialist Laboratories
- Study the latest technologies that industry is and will be using
MSc Cloud Computing provides specialist study of Cloud Computing. This is a growing area to addressing the issues of collaborative working with data stored centrally either in house or externally. The award is built around a core of networking at CCNP level, the networking topics utilise Cisco networking equipment and support material provided by Cisco Systems Inc.
Virtualisation, server side technologies and mobile/wireless technologies are investigated in the context of supported mobile workers in an enterprise environment.
In your first study stage, the PgCert, you will study five modules -this includes a 2 week preliminary study course, followed by four core modules, the completion of these modules makes you eligible for a PgCert. In the second stage the, PgDip you will study a further four modules. Once you have completed these 9 modules you can start the dissertation stage in order to qualify for a MSc.
On finishing the PgCert or PgDip stage you have the opportunity to undertake a work placement of up to 12 months. The placement has to be started and completed before you start your dissertation. You will finish your award by completing a dissertation on a network related topic.
- COCS70637 Networking Concepts (Two weeks pre-enrolment)
- COCS70686 Research Methods
- COCS70638 Professional Switched Networks
- COCS70666 Network Security
- COCS70627 Mobile Computing and Wireless
- COCS70665 Virtualisation
- COCS70625 Server Side Technology
- COCS70705 Professional Routed Networks
- COCS70639 Maintaining a Converged IP Based Network
Dissertation (60 credits)
7. Middlesex University London
Network management covers a wide area including performance reliability, security, fault, accounting and configuration management. This master’s programme has been developed to meet the growing needs of a rapidly evolving sector of industry. The programme is designed as a full-time course including industrial experience whenever possible, or as a part-time programme.
Why study MSc Network Management and Cloud Computing at Middlesex University?
The modules taught on this programme present a well-balanced combination of the theory of computer networks, network management, and network security. Through gaining the essential and much needed skills of network security, you’ll have the opportunity to work in a dedicated laboratory to experience security configuration for various systems.
You’ll study network systems and services, computer networks, wireless and mobile communication systems, network management, security and disaster recovery, and web-based information systems management. This is in addition to the computer communications project. These modules present a good combination of the theory of computer networks, their management and application.
You’ll also have the opportunity to work in a dedicated laboratory to experience setting up local area networks, and troubleshoot such systems. Alongside PCs, the laboratory is equipped with internet working units such as hubs, switches, routers and servers. You will experience the use of various network operating systems, such as Microsoft Windows NT/2000/XP/Win7, Novell NetWare, and Linux in a networked environment.
The final dissertation offers the opportunity to integrate all of your studies through an individual piece of practical, problem solving work of topical interest to you and of relevance to industry.
Access to campus-based facilities will depend on COVID-19 related restrictions in place at the time. In some instances remote access to campus facilities or equivalent online facilities may be used instead.
The course is designed for those students who have previously studied computing at university level or who are currently working in the sector, and are looking to develop an advanced mastery of the subject.
- You’ll have the opportunity to gain practical experience in our industry-standard networking labs
- We encourage you to explore new concepts and developments and were delighted when three of our students were crowned winners at the Young Professional Engineering Challenge
- Middlesex University is an official Cisco Academy and as part of your studies, you’ll have the chance to work towards a Cisco CCNA professional certification
- As a student of this course you’ll receive a free electronic textbook for every module.
8. University of London
Main topics of the module include:
- Cloud computing technology
- Cloud services and virtualisation
- Web services, REST and authorisation protocols
- Using Python frameworks to develop APIs with Django
- Distributed and parallel systems with Python
- Cloud data storage systems and NoSQL systems
- DevOps and Container systems
- Service-Oriented Architectures
- Distributed systems configuration
- Introduction to Big data and Hadoop-Map Reduce framework.
Upon successful completion of this module, you will be able to:
- know and understand facts, concepts, principles and theories about cloud computing.
- use such knowledge in modelling and designing cloud computing systems.
- recognise legal, social, ethical and professional issues in cloud computing.
- know and understand commercial and economic issues in cloud computing.
- deploy cloud computing systems to meet business goals.
- develop methods, techniques and tools for information modelling and security in cloud computing.
Two assessment components:
- Online auto-graded test (25%)
- End of term coursework (75%)
9. Caltech CTME
Cloud Computing Certification Overview
Our cloud computing course in London teaches students the main concepts required to use cloud technology from AWS, GCP, and Microsoft Azure. Students acquire expertise in cloud planning, designing, and scaling implementation, to ready them for cloud computing certification in London.
- Caltech CTME Post Graduate Certificate
- 8X higher interaction in live online classes by industry experts
- Receive upto 30 CEUs from Caltech CTME
- 30+ Hands-On Projects and Integrated Labs
- Master Classes taught by Caltech CTME instructor
- Online Convocation by Caltech CTME Program Director
- Capstone Project in 4 Domains
- Physical Certificate from Caltech CTME (on request)
Cloud Computing Training Advantage
The Post Graduate Program in Cloud Computing in collaboration with Caltech CTME leverages Caltech’s academic excellence in Cloud and related technologies. Caltech has contributed 38 Nobel Prize awardees. NASA’s famous Jet Propulsion Lab research centre is managed by Caltech.
- Caltech CTME Advantage
- Masterclasses taught by Caltech CTME faculty
- Bootcamp completion certificate from Caltech CTME
- Earn upto 30 CEUs to showcase your credibility
- Caltech CTME Circle Membership
10. City, University of London
This industry-focused course is for Computer Science graduates and experienced professional programmers interested in developing high-quality, complex software systems and aiming at a high-quality career in the industry, e.g. software houses, consultancies, and major software users across different sectors.
Students will have a keen interest in designing complex software systems, coding them in a programming language using the latest technologies (SOA, cloud, etc.), and ensuring that they are of high quality and that they actually meet the needs of their stakeholders.
You will develop skills in analysing requirements and designing appropriate software solutions; designing and creating complex software systems to solve real-world problems, evaluating and using advanced software engineering environments, design methods and programming languages, and evaluating and responding to recent trends in interoperability and software development.
The course focuses on advanced engineering concepts and methods, as well as design issues for the systematic development of high-quality complex software systems. These are explored using industrial strength technologies, like the C++ and Java programming languages and the UML modelling language.
The course covers significant trends in systems development, including service-oriented architecture, cloud computing, and big data. The course is delivered by acknowledged experts and draws on City’s world-class research in Systems and Software Engineering, which has one of the largest groups of academics working in this area in London, covering almost all aspects – from requirements, to designing reliable systems for the nuclear industry.
- Research Methods and Professional Issues (15 credits)
- Software Systems Design (15 credits)
- Advanced Databases (15 credits)
- Cloud Computing (15 credits)
- Individual Project (60 credits)
Elective Modules: Advanced Programming: Concurrency (15 credits) Advanced Algorithms and Data Structures (15 credits) Big Data (15 credits) Information Security Fundamentals (15 credits) Security Auditing and Certification (15 Credits) Network Security (15 credits) Project Management (15 credits) Semantic Web Technologies and Knowledge Graphs (15 credits)
Each module is assessed through a combination of coursework and examination.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- BCS – The Chartered Institute for IT