Virat Kohli has decided to Leave Captaincy after India’s T20 World Cup in the United Arab Emirates, Oman. Virat Kohli is aged 32-year-old, Recently he made an announcement on social media Twitter & Instagram, that he felt that he needs to give himself more space to be fully ready to lead the Indian Cricket Team in ODI and Test formats of Cricket. He led India in 95 One Day Internationals, with massive 65 wins along with 27 heart-breaking defeats, A winning percentage of 70.43%, He also led the Indian Team been the T20 captain, In which India has won 27 times and lost 14 times.
- I have been fortunate enough to not only represent India but also lead the Indian Cricket Team to my utmost capability.
- I thank everyone who has supported me in my journey as the Captain of the Indian Cricket Team.
- I couldn’t have done it without then1 – the boys, the support staff, the selection committee, my coaches, and each and every Indian who prayed for us to win.
Understanding workload is a very important thing and considering my immense workload over the last 8-9 years playing all 3 formats and captaining regularly for the last 5-6 years,
- I feel I need to give myself space to be fully ready to lead the Indian Team in Test and ODI Cricket.
- I have given everything to the Team during my time as T20 Captain and
- I will continue to do so for the T20 Team as a batsman moving forward.
Of course, arriving at this decision took a lot of time. After a lot of contemplation and discussions with my close people, Ravi Bhai and also Rohit, who has been an essential part of the leadership group, I’ve decided to step down as the T20 Captain after this T20 World Cup in Dubai in October.
- I have also spoken to the secretary Mr. Jay Shah and the President of BCCI Mr. Sourav Ganguly along with all the selectors about the same.
- I will continue to serve Indian Cricket and the Indian Team to the best of my ability.
Via – Virat Kohli Instagram
BCCI Honorary Secretary Jay Shah stated the team is ready to transition after Kohli steps down as captain.
“We have a clear roadmap for Team India. Considering the workloads and ensuring that we have a smooth transition, Mr. Virat Kohli has decided to step down as T20I Captain after the upcoming World Cup”BCCI Honorary Secretary Jay Shah
“I have been in discussions with Virat and the leadership team for the last six months and the decision has been thought through. Virat will continue to contribute as a player and as a senior member of the side in shaping the future course of Indian cricket.”BCCI Honorary Secretary Jay Shah
|Dates:||Sun, 17 Oct 2021 – Sun, 14 Nov 2021|
|Cricket format:||Twenty20 International|
|Location:||United Arab Emirates, Oman|
Let’s see what more changes will be there for the Indian cricket team, we wish Virat all the Vert best for the upcoming t20 world cup and respect his decision completely.
That’s All for this Article, Until Next Time
Is Virat Kohli Leaving Captaincy?
Yes, He is Leaving Captaincy after T20 World Cup 2021 in Dubai, But he will be the Captain in Test and ODI formats of Cricket
Which Country will host T20 World Cup 2021?
United Arab Emirates, Oman will Host T20 World Cup 2021.
How many Countries will play T20 World Cup 2021?
16 Countries will play T20 World Cup 2021
Indian Squad for T20 World Cup 2021?
The Final squad of 11 Players List for ICC T20 World Cup 2021 India
Virat Kohli (C), Rohit Sharma (VC), KL Rahul, Suryakumar Yadav, Rishabh Pant (wk), Ishan Kishan (wk), Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Rahul Chahar, Ravichandran Ashwin, Axar Patel, Varun Chakravarthy, Jasprit Bumrah, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohd Shami.
Shardul Thakur, Shreyash Iyar, Deepak Chahar