Government of West Bengal : At A Glance
West Bengal offers a unique flavor to the richness of India with its synthesis of various languages, religions, customs, traditions, cuisines, and lifestyles.
- Situated in Eastern India, the fourth most crowded state in the nation is broadly viewed as the Melting pot of Cultures.
- Lined by five unique expresses, its capital Kolkata has regularly been named the social capital of India.
- Limited by the greatness of the Himalayan reaches in the north and improved by the ocean in the south,
- Bengal has everything a state needs to prosper.
- Settled in a comfortable bunch in the North, one of the most radiant slope stations on the planet,
- Darjeeling is regularly named the Queen of the Hills.
- Eminent for its tea manors,
- Darjeeling tea is one of the most pursued on the planet.
- Down south, Bengal flaunts an amazingly rich widely varied vegetation. With its expansive organization of waterways and topographical provisions,
- West Bengal is praised for having the biggest mangrove timberland on the planet in the Sunderbans. Proclaimed a UNESCO World Heritage site,
- The Sunderbans are all around acclaimed for lodging internationally jeopardized species like the Royal Bengal Tiger.
- Aside from having probably the best slope stations,
- Bengal likewise offers probably the best sea shorefront areas.
- Spots like Digha and Mandarmani are amazing excursions that offer flawless seashores and convenience for each explorer.
- The Multiracial and Multilingual blend of societies can be felt in areas of interest like Kolkata, the excellent city in the province of West Bengal.
- When the capital of British India, Kolkata is a mix of Western and Indian culture. Home to plenty of chronicled locales,
- It houses Hindu sanctuaries, mosques, places of worship, just as British landmarks like the Victoria Memorial.
- Individuals of various ranks, races, and shading all live in amazing agreement, commending celebrations like Id, Christmas, and the Pujas in equivalent enthusiasm and appreciating foods of various types.
- After India acquired autonomy from the British, Bengal assumed the main part in arising renaissance in the field of social, social, political, and instructive changes.
- Reformers like Raja Ram Mohan Roy, Swami Vivekananda, Rabindranath Tagore, and Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose were at the cutting edge of the opportunity development.
- West Bengal has additionally been home to world well-known figures like Mother Teresa who is depicted as an allegory for benevolent dedication and heavenliness by the Vatican. Satyajit Ray,
- the first foundation grant champ in Quite a while and victor of 32 National Film grants, switched the essence of the film up the globe.
- Rabindranath Tagore who won the Noble prize in 1913 and displayed Bengali Literature to the World.
Government of West Bengal: Important Links
WEST BENGAL STATE EMERGENCY RELIEF FUND
The West Bengal Government appeals ALL to contribute to West Bengal State Emergency Relief Fund and assist the State Government in the prevention and control of situations arising out of unforeseen emergencies like COVID-19 (CORONA).
Contribution to this fund entitles you to claim a 100% deduction under section 80G of the Income Tax Act.
Bank details for making Contribution through Cheque / Online / Debit & Credit Card / UPI are as follows:
A/c Name: West Bengal State Emergency Relief Fund
Bank: ICICI Bank Ltd., Branch: Howrah,
A/c No: 628005501339,
IFS Code: ICIC0006280,
Swift Code: ICICINBBCTS,
MICR Code: 700229010
For contribution in kind contact: [email protected]
Please CLICK Below to make ONLINE PAYMENT
WEST BENGAL STATE EMERGENCY RELIEF FUND
Have you already contributed? Download Acknowledgment Receipt
WBCS Exam: Government of West Bengal
West Bengal Civil Service is popularly known as W.B.C.S. It is now known as West Bengal Administrative Service. It is the state administrative civil service cadre of the Indian state of West Bengal.
Duare Sarkar: Government of West Bengal
Information Centre > Schemes
Schemes: Government of West Bengal
- Amar Fasal,
- Amar Gola
- Geetanjali & Amar Thikana
- Jal Dharo Jal Bharo
- Lokprasar Prakalpo
- Madhur Sneha
- Matir Katha
- Nijo-griha Nijo-bhumi
- Nirmal Bangla
- Pathashree Abhijaan
- Samajik Mukti
- Sech Bandhu
- Shilpa Sathi
- Sufal Bangla
WB Govt : Student Credit Card Scheme- Government of West Bengal
Collateral security free loan up to ₹10 Lakhs
@ Nominal Simple Annual interest.
Under the visionary leadership of Mamata Banerjee, Hon’ble Chief Minister, West Bengal, The Higher Education Department, Government of West Bengal has introduced the Student Credit Card Scheme for the students of West Bengal to enable them to pursue education without having any financial constraints.
- This scheme is designed to support the students to pursue secondary, higher secondary, madrasah, undergraduate, and postgraduate studies including professional degrees and other equivalent courses in any School, Madrasah, College, University, and other affiliated institutes within and outside India.
- Students studying in various coaching institutions for appearing in different competitive examinations like Engineering, Medical, Law, IAS, IPS, WBCS, etc, can also avail of the loan under this scheme.
- A student from West Bengal can obtain a maximum loan of Rs. 10 lakhs @ 4% per annum simple interest from the State Cooperative Bank and its affiliated Central Cooperative Banks and District Central Cooperative Banks and Public/ Private Sector Banks.
- 1% interest concession will be provided to the borrower if the interest is fully serviced during the study period.
- The upper age limit for the interested students has been kept as 40(forty) years at the time of applying for a loan.
- The repayment period shall be fifteen (15) years for any loan availed under this Credit Card including the Moratorium/ repayment holiday. For details kindly go through the Scheme given in this portal.